Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Very Cold Day at Camp

This morning as I looked out my window there was snow on my car and ice all over camp. I walked to work because I wasn't sure how bad the ice really was going into camp. At the bottom of the hill is a creek and honestly I didn't feel like sliding into that creek so I took the cold route and walked. :)

Our time at the Wesley Foundation was great! We weren't sure if we would make it due to the weather. It is really hard getting out of camp on ice and we were in a 15 passenger van. Thankfully the maintenance guys helped us get ready to go. They were a blessing! We had a 30 minute late start because we didn't know what the decision was and that put us behind. The next blessing was that Jeff and Bronc came with us and helped us out. Bronc drove the van thank the Lord! I was not too happy about the idea of driving it in the weather. Jeff had a doctors appointment so he came with us and helped out and headed out for his appointment afterwards. The people at the Westley were so helpful! They helped us unload the van and helped us get set up. Sometimes it is so hard for me to tell people what they can do to help but they were so persistent and were so genuine about wanting to help! The Lord was so good concerning this meal!

After getting back to camp and getting all the dishes done, everything whipped down, leftovers put up, trash thrown, and food truck put up we got to go home. It was a bit early which was nice and while we were cleaning I had an idea to hike down to the waterfalls and see what they looked like. With it being so cold and freezing for the last 2 days I just knew the falls would be frozen. I asked Holly if she wanted to join me and she did so we were off on a hike.

The waterfalls were beautiful! Holly didn't think it would be a good idea to climb down to the lower part to look at it from the bottom of the falls but I really wanted to. After looking it over for a while it looked like it wasn't icy as far at the trail and rocks went so I told her I was going to go. She told me she would wait up top and I told her I would be sure to yell if I fell. :) She smiled and I started climbing down and all the sudden she said she was going with me. We made it down safe and yes there were a few icy spots down at the actually lower falls but the trail and rocks were as safe as could be. It was so neat to see! Holly and I both had a lot of fun she was sad she didn't bring her camera and so we may go back so she can take pictures.

Here are some pictures that I took. I hope that you enjoy them! I may have to go to the second falls tomorrow. I wonder what it looks like now.

3 comments:

  1. The falls look so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are pretty cool. I don't guess I have ever seen a frozen waterfall before. I bet it was a cold walk up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures...reminds me of my new home! We have a lot of ice too!! haha. Power is back on! Hopefully it stays on.

    ReplyDelete