Monday, January 26, 2009

Interesting Evening

Tonight has had some interesting events take place.

I was having supper with my friend/neighbor Nikki and while we were visiting after supper our electricity went out in camp. We pulled out the candles and finished visiting and I headed home to get my trailer up to speed too. While I was visiting with my Grandma to see if she would give me a wake up call Nikki came over and asked if we could hunt down Jeff to see about what to do to keep warm. Every home in camp has a form of heat except the trailers. I guess Jeff read our minds because when we got to where he was everyone said he was already out checking on everyone. We were almost back to the trailers and noticed he was already there.

After weighing out the options we decided to get the generator and hook it up to my trailer since I had a guestroom (for Nikki to stay in) and the 2 pups. This way I wouldn't have to pack all of us up and move us around and so that poor Nikki wouldn't have to be exposed to sleeping with the pups. Unfortunately I didn't realize how hard this project was going to be. I thought everything was prepared and it wasn't. When we finally got everything ready and Jeff was in the process of hooking everything up low and behold the electricity came back on. I felt horrible because he went to all that work for nothing. I apologized for all the work he put in and it was freezing cold and has been all day long. He said that it was not a problem that we were closer to having it ready than when it first went out.

Jeff is such a blessing to camp and such a patient person! I don't know how many times he has helped me out. He is a good example of a wonderful servant for the Lord and I am always giving thanks to the Lord for his servant's heart.

Prayer Requests:
-it is suppose to be icy tomorrow morning and possibly all day pray for safety for those who are driving in it
-for Nikki she has school in the morning and may have to be towed out of camp by Jeff because of ice (pray for her safety as she goes to school)
-Kaye, Holly, and I are going to be feeding in Canyon at the Wesley Foundation (it's a campus ministry at WT), pray for safety in driving, we would be vessels used for God's glory and be an encouragement to all we come into contact with
-Mark (Nikki's husband) is in Abilene doing recruiting for summer staff pray for his safety while traveling
-My bosses Michael and Mike while they are at a conference in California for camp - safe traveling, they would be encouraged and encourage others, for growing and learning, etc...
-that our electricity will stay on and not go out again

It is getting late so it is time for me and the pups to get to bed. May you have a good and restful night and I pray that it is uneventful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment