Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting Started

This morning after rolling out of bed (which wasn't too long ago due to a rough night of sleep) and taking my shower. Daisy was sitting outside the bathroom door waiting for me to finish and wanted to go outside. I went to the backdoor to let her out and she sniffed and looked at me like she does when it rains like you have to be kidding me it is wet out there. It wasn't wet though. There is fog in the air and a snow like substance in their frozen water dish. For everyone in Texas it isn't snow or I wouldn't call it snow it is more like a frost. It actually feels like winter outside. Thankfully I am off today and not working. I hate working when it is cold but due to working Saturday because of the size of all the groups I got a 3 day weekend which is an answer from the Lord! I have been wanting one for a while now. I sort of wish it was snowing though. A bunch of us here at camp really want to go sledding! We have the perfect sledding hills we have been told but there was no snow (that is that stuck to the ground) since I have moved to camp. In 2006 they said they had a bad winter there was even 2 days of no electricity. People got snowed into camp. But they said it was so much fun sledding. We can hardly wait for the snow to come. I am not normally a cold weather person but I want to go sledding! :)

I am always reminded in the mornings of the newness of each day and living here at camp Genesis 1-2:3 are daily going through my mind. I am always more appreciative of God's creation with each new day. I hope that your day is blessed with many memories to take away from it. I better run for now I am about to spend some time in the Scriptures before my day gets away from me and I get consumed with the things that need to be accomplished and the distractions that can get in the way! Grace and peace with much love to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait for it to snow too!!! What fun it would be to sled down those hills!! The winter is not over yet, so I guess there is still hope.

    ReplyDelete