Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adventures at Camp March 30th

I had a very entertaining day at camp on Monday.

To start off the day my Dad came to get my car to get the poor thing healthy. Well I am embarrassed to say that nothing was wrong with it. My checkbook is very thankful that nothing was wrong but it is embarrassing that all the fuss happened because the radiator cap wasn't screwed on tight enough. My poor parents drove all the way to camp to take my car to get an oil change and a tire rotation. Oopsie!

Our goal at work for the day was to get Ceta Lodge all put together for this weekend. We were working on it during the windiest day of the week which was wonderful (I am being sarcastic). After moving some beds to staff housing Mark and I were taking stuff up to but in storage and drop boxes off at the burn pit and we started smelling something different. We were almost to the pit when I mentioned it to him and he thought it might be something from the work the septic guys were doing close by but he said that we would check it. The smell got stronger and stronger so when we stopped the pickup we got out and inspected to make sure all was okay. Well the engine was smoking. We went to lift the hood to let it cool off and low and behold flames appeared! We had a small electrical fire under the hood of the pickup. I got in the pickup and was looking for a fire extinguisher while Mark called on the radio to Bronc for help. Bronc got there very quickly to put out the fire. Bronc to the rescue!

After we put out the fire and got things situated we went back to Ceta Lodge to help Michael move more beds to storage. I was being blown all over the place. The wind would catch whatever I was carrying and it would turn me in circles. I was helping Michael load up full size box springs during the second load and after loading the first one all the sudden I couldn't catch my breath. My mid and upper back were hurting bad too. I didn't say anything right away but when I went to get the next box springs I could not lift it and I couldn't breathe well. I looked at Michael and told him I thought I had hurt myself and they sat me down and then I laid down because it hurt so bad. After 2 aspirin and resting for about a half an hour they told me to go home for the day and see how I felt the next day.

As for an update on my back. Yesterday I did my boss Michael's job. I wrote the schedule, made a menu, did a food order, etc... and now I am off for a couple of days. I have to be back to work on Friday at 3pm. My back is still hurting but between Aleve and rest it is getting better.

I hope that your week has not been met with this kind of entertainment. The lesson from the pickup fire is that I plan to get a fire extinguisher for my car. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment