Saturday, April 25, 2009

24 hour Stomach Bug

The last 48 hours have been rough ones for me. Yesterday morning around 10:30am I started having back pains, nauseated and just wasn't feeling well. I had decided to not go to lunch because I was feeling horrible. Well come to find out I caught a stomach bug and was in the bathroom once every half an hour till 3 am this morning getting sick. I had already warned my boss about me getting sick and about 10pm last night I called and told him I wouldn't be at work today because I was still getting sick. He understood and was very helpful.

The lesson I learned from this is that things can always be worse than they appear initially. I never thought anything could be worse than having a stomach bug but it can be I promise. At camp we have been having problems with the water pump to our housing units going out well yesterday it went out. So I had a stomach bug with no water in my house to flush the toilet, rinse my mouth out, or to drink. I really didn't think things could be any worse than a stomach but yesterday I learned that having one with no water is the worst it can get. After an hour and a half of no water at all I made a phone call to the office and thankfully people at camp came to my rescue and brought up bottled water for me to drink and two 5 gallon buckets of water for the dogs, and my toilet. The sad part was that when I had finally gotten water in the trailer not even 1/2 hour later the water was turned back on.

I didn't go into work today because I wasn't feeling the best and I wasn't sure if I was still contagious but I do plan to go in for my 4 hour shift tomorrow morning. I am finally able to keep down food and water. Although my food has only been yogurt, soup, crackers, pudding, water, and chocolate milk but it stayed down. An improvement over yesterday. This morning I did get my trailer cleaned and sanitized so hopefully I don't get it again (toilet, dishes, and sheets) and my boss sent me some disinfectant to spray too. Thank you camp!

1 comment: