Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tiring Week at Camp

I have fallen short at blogging this week and I am so sorry! This week has been the most physically demanding week I have had at camp yet. We have gone from painting Ceta Lodge to cutting down trees!

We had a company come in and trim trees and cut down some trees. Holly and I followed behind them cleaning up and piling up what was left behind. There were still a couple of trees that needed to come down on the Ceta Glen side so Jeff, Mark, and Bronc worked to cut those down. Jeff did show us how to use a chainsaw and I actually cut down some very tiny trees that were just beginning to grow that were in our way. Nothing major at all for me to cut down but I still have both legs, both arms, and all fingers and toes! :)

The only issue I ran into is that my allergies were on an all time high and I was having to take medicine and use my prescription eye drops for my eyes. I was making it pretty good till Thursday. There is a tree at the Glen that I am really allergic to but seeing there are so many I am not sure which one caused the problems but my arms were swelled up, turned red, and I had whelps all over them. Thursday was a benedryl night. Thankfully by morning everything was back to normal and thankfully it was cool and I was able to wear long sleeves all day. Holly and I both have scratches all up and down our arms. Through it all though it was so nice to be outside and working verses stuck inside admiring the beautiful days.

Here is tree #1 that Mark and Jeff cut down (they just did the part that is on the left).
Here is tree #2 that Jeff and Bronc worked on to cut down (they ran into some problems and had to get the tractor to finish up).

Here is tree #3 (this one was big and after it fell we found out there was a bee hive in it).
Here is some pictures of the piles that Jeff made (with the tractor) out of our small piles that Holly and me did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment