Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Vision for Ceta Canyon

Not too long ago I shared with you about our Mother/Daughter Retreat and the vision for a new camp that the Lord has been placing on my heart. The speaker from the Mother/Daughter Retreat Sheila Ritchie and I have been emailing today and I think we are going to take the challenge and prayerfully seek the Lord as we develop a Retreat directed towards strongholds that we face. The initial thought a year ago was to minister to girls who struggle with eating disorders. This year during the Mother/Daughter Retreat the Lord expanded my thought pattern to reach out to girls who have been hurt sexually and who struggle with cutting also.

I will be honest I am not sure what will happen or the plan. We are in the brainstorming process currently and have just started talking by email today. For the first Retreat we may just focus on girls with eating disorders as a pilot retreat and see how it works, what happens, etc... I have never planned or helped plan anything like this so I am pretty clueless and thankfully Sheila has and has been part of retreats. We desire for this Retreat to give these girls a place of refuge to meet with God and refresh themselves as well as love and encourage them in the healing process.

Please pray for us as we trust the Lord to provide the wisdom and direction to plan this Retreat. Pray for me specifically to have great faith and trust the Lord to direct the way. All I want is to bring Him glory as I serve Him. The goal is for the retreat to be in the fall due to the busy summer months. This is a retreat I want to be an active part of without having to be in the kitchen. Please pray for that time to open up for us. Our slow time starts around mid September and lasts till about April.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions for me please leave a comment, email me, facebook me, etc... and share with me. Any and all help is appreciated! If you know girls (any age) who could possibly benefit from this retreat (for now girls with eating disorders till we figure out what the Lord will have for this first retreat) please pass on the information to them and you may give them my email address to contact me if they would like to contact me. My email address is: dena@cetacanyon.org

I will post more updates as this retreat takes form and is more defined. Please pray that this retreat will reach out to those who need it. This is a struggle that is very secretive and our concern is how to promote it and reach those we are targeting.

Thank you for your prayers with this retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment