Monday, March 2, 2009

Mother/Daughter Retreat

This weekend we had a Mother/Daughter Retreat and they were such a fun group to be around. I was actually off this weekend and was able to enjoy just being able to serve the Lord with my time and it was so much fun!

Mark and Nikki Andrews are my neighbors and his responsibility at camp is to develop and plan retreats so even though he is a guy he was still at this retreat with the Mothers and Daughters. Nikki called the first evening and told me that the speaker Sheila Ritchie would be speaking on captivity and that she was using Beth Moore's book "Praying God's Word" to plan what she would talk on. I was so encouraged by Sheila and what she had to share.

During this weekend I had a revived idea of a camp that I would actively like to help create for Ceta that I think could be great if we can get the details planned out. I talked with Sheila about the idea and if she would be willing to help me since she has had experience sharing with groups and planning for retreats and she can also relate to the issue that I would like to reach out to. She said she was willing if that is what the Lord asked of her. I still need to talk to Mark and see what could be done so I will share more about what my vision is later as it looks like it could take place. Please pray though that the Lord will work out the details in a way that I would be able to be out of the kitchen and able to be involved with the camp and campers.

This weekend was so refreshing and wonderful for me. The Lord just opened my eyes to the impossible and that with Him the impossible is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment