Sunday, February 22, 2009

Car Problems

As I left to go to church today my car started acting up about half way to town. After a time of prayer to help me get to a Wal-Mart so that I could get some antifreeze (my car has been losing coolant and it was overheating) I decided to press on towards town. I had thought to just head back to camp but decided that since I was halfway there that I might as well keep going so that I could at least fix the problem. As I was approaching the exit for Wal-Mart low and behold a police officer was sitting there close by watching for speeders. Seeing I was only going 50-60 miles an hour on the interstate I thought to myself at least he doesn't have a reason to follow or pull me over. The police officer pulled out and actually began following me. I am sure that he was probably wondering what was going on since I was driving so slow. As I came to the stop sign I came to a complete stop and then my car gave out and died police officer and all behind me. I was thoroughly embarrassed but then I decided to thank the Lord that the police officer followed me, turned on my hazardous lights, took off my seat belt and got out of the car and walked up to his car. I explained what happened and apologized. He waved the car behind him around us and called in to have someone come help us push it off the road. He suggested trying it since it had cooled off some and it turned on! He offered to follow me to Wal-Mart which I made it without anymore problems.

My car has just started losing coolant just here lately and I have been hoping and praying that it will hold out for my income tax check which is soon to be here before taking it in to fix it. I have had other cars with similar problems but sometimes there is no waiting. My car had zero coolant in it when I got to Wal-Mart which isn't a good sign. I bought a couple of bottles and by this evening I should know if I have to take it in right away or not. If it needs to get fixed my Dad has so graciously offered to come to camp to help me get it fixed up and running again. My car made it home safe and sound without overheating again so that is a huge blessing and a good sign.

Please pray that the Lord will help my car to function till my income tax check comes in.

I hope yall had an easier morning than I did! I did miss worship service but I got to go to Sunday School so thankfully I got to go to church after all of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment