Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Morning Surprise!

This morning when I was getting ready I went to get some things from my sock drawer and noticed that a slipper was chewed up. I had seen some signs of a little friend living in that drawer so I had a couple of traps set hoping that I would catch it and get rid of it. When I went to get rid of the slipper low and behold this is what I found!



The little friend had babies in my sock drawer! I didn't know what to do but I knew I couldn't handle it on my own so I called Randy and Karen for help and Randy came to save the day. Randy pulled out the sock drawer and we took it outside to dump it out on the ground. We were afraid that the momma might still be in the drawer. The momma wasn't in the drawer so we decided to look for her by pulling out all the drawers. When we got to the 3rd drawer the momma mouse jumped out from behind the drawer and I jumped up with a gasp and I scared poor Randy. :) We continued to pull out the final drawer and reset the traps in a better spot. As I was bringing in the sock drawer I heard a noise from another drawer and told Randy and we found one more baby mouse in the second drawer. So we dumped out all the drawers on the ground to be safe but there was only 3 baby mice in the drawers. I haven't yet found the momma mouse since she jumped out at us so maybe she left to finish having her babies and is now living there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment