Saturday, March 19, 2011

Poor Wreckless is Having a Rough Time

Tonight I was on the phone with my Grandma talking and while we were visiting Wreckless was walking around and all the sudden a saw him pull up really hard on it back left leg and then he was holding it up in the air. I got up to see what was going on and he came straight to me and his toe nail that I talked about in the last post about his vet visit got caught on the carpet and when he pulled up it made it worse by ripping part of the nail and it started bleeding really bad. I had to get off the phone with my Grandma and I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom that way it was easy to clean up the blood and called my Camp Director to see if he knew what I could do to stop the bleeding from getting everywhere and to help poor Wreckless. He told me to wrap it up and asked if I had anything to help him sleep and I still had a pill of the sedative that the vet gave me for the move to Sacramento so he said to cut it in half and try to keep him from pulling off the bandage.

So here are some pictures of the wrapped up foot. It was bleeding to bad to take a picture of the paw but I will take one when it stops bleeding. I used a piece of gauze and wrapped it around the toe that was bleeding then I took elastic wrap which is the stuff that the nurses use when they take blood from people (it isn't tape it sticks on itself) and wrapped it around his whole paw to hold the gauze in place and then I had a little sock and put it on his paw so he wouldn't rip off the elastic wrap and then the sock was a bit too big so I folded it down and used some elastic wrap on the sock to hold it up. It has been holding up and he hasn't tried to chew it off too bad. He even went outside for a while with it to go to the restroom. :) I guess the First Responder class I am in is doing me some good with the guidance of Bill my camp director. :) Thanks Bill!




My poor pup he is taking medicine for the tendinitis in his front right leg and now his back left paw is bleeding. He sure is falling apart it seems. I hope that he feels better tomorrow. If not I may have to take him to the vet on Monday to see about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment