Friday, May 22, 2009

Hamlett Elementary

Today I had the wonderful privilege of serving food to a very polite group of children. They were so sweet and it is always a blessing when children leave our kitchen loving the food and their stomachs full. A little girl today asked Kaye (a lady I work with) if she could have seconds and Kaye smiled and told her she could eat till we ran out. The little girl smiled and said how thankful she was for the food. Some of the children that come to camp don't get to have the kind of meals me serve. I really feel like we make a difference in the lives of these children when they leave our kitchen with smiles on their faces and making statments like "this is the best meal I have ever had". I am thankful that I have the privilege of feeding people in the name of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment