Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good News for the Kitchen

We officially have a Food Service Director hired. He will be coming to camp to start work on the 3rd. His name is Ralph and he seems like a great guy. He is moving here from Arizona so the desert of Ceta Canyon is okay with him. :) When he was here for his interview he came down and worked with us in the kitchen at 6am until he had his interview. I am telling you he can pan up some sausage. He panned it up quicker than anyone I have ever seen. He does have some experience on us though. He was a Food Service Director at a camp for 31 years. His wife helped him as a baker. She was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and they both retired and he took care of her for a little over a year and then she passed away. He has remarried and has been married for a year now and says that retirement is for the birds. :) I am really excited. Out of the 3 applicants that we were looking at seriously he was my choice. I am sure it will take a bit to get him settled into the position but I believe he will be able to catch on fast and hopefully he will be ready by the time my family reunion gets here. :) It sure would be nice to go to east Texas and see my family.

2 comments:

  1. Just in time for George Strait!!! I hope you can have a fun weekend and not worry about work.

    ReplyDelete