Saturday, February 7, 2009

Getting Back in the Grove

I am so thankful that today is over and that tomorrow I am off! After a 14 hour day and a shower I am finally able to catch up with you.

I have actually been in the kitchen since supper Thursday night and as today comes to an end we have 250 campers running around camp and having prayerfully a good time and a very encouraging time in God's Word.

For the last couple of days I have been thinking on Matthew 11:25-30. I have been desiring to come to a place where I go willingly to receive the rest needed from my Lord in order to grow closer to Him. He is such a huge God that nothing is to heavy for Him even when life is such a burden and so tiring! I am so thankful I have the opportunity and the choice to spend time with my Father whenever it is needed in order to grow and learn from Him. He comforts me when I need it, refreshes me, loves me, and cares for my heart as I struggle with character flaws. Here is the passage from Matthew and I pray that you are refreshed and encouraged:

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

As today is coming to an end and tomorrow is quickly approaching please pray for me that the Lord would refresh me for a new week ahead and that I would take out time to take on His yoke and rest my soul.

I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with so many Sundays off this "off season" at camp. It is so sad to know that this luxury is going to be coming to an end soon as summer time approaches. We are just now starting to pick up and come March time off will start becoming scarce on Sundays. I really love spending time with my precious Sunday School class. They encourage me so much and I love them for that!

I pray that is post finds all of you abiding in the Word and receiving encouragement from the Lord as He reveals Himself to you. Take care and have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment