Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Breaking Free - Week 7: The Potter and the Clay

In the Beth Moore study I am doing the thing I was encouraged by the most was allowing the Lord be my Potter and that I need to trust Him to be that Potter. It is by Him that I can experience freedom and it is the work that I allow Him to do in me that can bring Him the most glory because it is Him doing the work and not myself.

I tend to struggle I realize with trusting Him. Mostly in specific areas but I still struggle. The area that stands out the most is being single. I desire a family so much that I tend to fix myself in different areas so that I can in order to hurry the Lord when I honestly should be trusting Him that He knows how He can use me best. For now it is in my singleness and if it be His will than maybe later He will choose to bless me with being married.

I also lack in trusting that He can bring me the man He has chosen for me because I live in a hole in the middle of no where. I know that seems weird but it is true. I live in a canyon where there is no mobile reception, and sometimes no internet. I remember coming to town one day wondering what happened to cause our flag to be on the pole half way. We are very isolated down here which in some ways it is wonderful but it makes it really hard to have friends and meet new people. I am a good 20 minutes from Wal-Mart and church and about 45 minutes from everything else. The thing that the Lord worked on me about is to trust Him for where I am and walk with Him during this time. I can trust Him as Ruler in my life but I must stop trying to help Him and let Him make all the choices for me. Pray for me because this really is a horrible struggle that I experience and that Satan uses in more than one way in my life. I struggle more so now that kids I use to babysit are now getting married. I am so happy for them but at the same time I wonder what is wrong with me and why it isn't me.

Some points that Beth Moore made on one of the days concerning freedom was really good for me and I would like to share them with you in hopes that they encourage you too:

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (freedom). But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

1. The Lord is the one and only true possessor of true liberty
2. The second step towards freedom is receiving Christ as Savior, thereby receiving His liberating Spirit
3. The third step towards freedom is yielding to the authority of God

The Lord has proved to me over and over again how trustworthy He really is yet I still resist His authority at times. My ultimate desire is to bring Him the glory He deserves and to be used in a way that people experience the love of the Lord. I really desire to be a vessel that is brought to completion and not a vessel broken and shattered a million times over all because I wouldn't trust my Potter to form me the way He wanted to.

My prayer for you is that you would yield yourself to Him and know that He can be trusted to rule over your life. I love yall so much!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome Dena to hear what the Lord is teaching you and doing in your life. Love you, Nina

    ReplyDelete