Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wreckless, Wreckless, Wreckless: What Will I Ever Do With You?

What am I going to do with my pup who is a blessing in disguise?

While we were visiting Grandma Wreckless did so good out in the pin she has for them. On the second to last day we were there he finally broke out. I went to see how he got out and low and behold he unlinked the chain link and created a hole for himself to get out.

My Dad and I got out there in very cold weather and got some wire hangers and my Dad rigged it up for the pups. After he finished though he suggested going ahead and bringing the dogs to their house the next day instead of leaving them at Grandma's because I wouldn't be there to catch Wreckless if he got out.

The next day Wreckless had another moment in time. I stopped in Lubbock to see some of my friends and we left him in her back yard. We looked all around and it appeared that Wreckless should be able to make it without escaping. We went out to eat and after about and hour or so we decided to check on the pups and see if they were alive (she has 2 also Daisy was inside in her kennel so we knew she was golden). When we got back to the house my friend opened the door to go in and low and behold there was Wreckless to meet and greet us. I was horrified to look around the corner. Any of you who have heard any stories about Wreckless know that he can be quite destructive when left at home alone in the house without being restrained. As I peered around the corner holding my breath and praying diligently that her home was still in one piece I saw that Wreckless had appeared to be a perfect angel. There was nothing noticeably out of place and I figured he probably laid down on the couch and slept in the warm house instead of outside in the cold.

Naturally we did check to see what happened because she had locked the back door but it seemed that we didn't close the door good when we came in. Thank you Lord for placing a hedge of protection around her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment