Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Locks of Love

I have donated my hair to Locks of Love for the second time and it was so much easier this time than the last. For years I have held on to my hair and about 2 years ago the Lord really placed it on my heart to start donating it.

In the summer we have a specialty camp called Camp Alphie and it is a camp for children the age of 14 years and younger who have cancer to attend. My heart has yearned for their healing since. I thought about this head full of hair I have and that it is something I hold on to way too dearly when there are children who need it more than I do. Plus it will grow back which is wonderful. It took about 2 years since the last time I donated it for it to get back to the original length it was. With me working in the kitchen it is good too because it will be short enough to manage and by the time a couple of summers pass by it will be time again.

Here are some before and after pictures:

1 comment: