Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Buddy

I have been trying for days to upload pictures of Buddy for yall but it just isn't working.

My parents called and passed on the news that my Dad took my first pup Buddy (that they inherited when I moved here to Texas) to be put down. He was 14 years old and he had gotten very poor in health that he wouldn't have been able to make it through another winter. If you think Wreckless has been a mess I am telling you Buddy was even worse than Wreckless as a puppy. I sure know how to pick them don't I.

He could sit in trouble without even trying. Just ask my poor Mom who had to call out the phone and cable guys many times to fix the wires that Buddy had chewed up. He would torture our older dog Shorty to pure aggravation. I am honestly surprised Buddy didn't give Shorty a heart attack.

Buddy had cancer and arthritis really bad in his hind legs. Where the cancer was the knot had grown so much he couldn't get in and out of his dog house nor through the back door to my parents home. As he grew and my Dad worked with him Buddy turned into a very good pup with a wonderful and playful spirit. He learned to obey and would alert you when necessary to something not right or if he was needing water or his dog dish was on the ground instead of on his stand (he got to where he couldn't bend down to eat and my Dad built him a stand that brought is food off the ground to make it easier on him).

I felt so sorry for my Dad because he said it was like Buddy knew what was happening. He wanted to go with my Dad after he left him. We have been expecting this for over a year now but it is still very hard. I will miss him very much! I am thankful that my parents took him in when I moved here.

No comments:

Post a Comment