Friday, October 9, 2009

Delaney House

My camp director Mike Wentz is going to allow me to move into a new housing unit on camp. I am so excited! It has a lot of work that needs to be done to it but they are going to work on it this off season and hopefully by March I will be able to move into it. It is a one bedroom, 2 bathroom home. It is perfect for a single person or a married couple. After visiting with Mike Young and Bob (my food service director) Mike gave the okay for me to move in when the project is complete. I have taken some before pictures and when it is complete I will take some after pictures.

It is called the Delaney House named after Mrs. T.C. Delaney who founded Ceta Canyon in 1918. This house is I believe the oldest building on camp. It was built in the 1950's. They started working on remodeling it about 2 years ago. Our new maintenance worker Allan is going to be working on it while we are slow is what the plan is. I will probably help out where I can on my time off or when we slow down in the kitchen. I will have to get money together to build a yard for Wreckless and Daisy-Rose. I want a wooden yard since the housing unit is on camp property and campers could be around the home. I am hoping it will help with Wreckless' barking because he tends to bark more when he can see what is happening around him.

Here are the pictures:



The Livingroom


The Kitchen

Downstairs Bathroom/Laundry


There is a walkin shower too but I couldn't get a good picture of that. It is across from the sink.

Upstairs to the Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment