Friday, July 31, 2009

An Eventful Week

This week had one thing after another happen. On Thursday everything finally settled down.

On Monday afternoon as I was getting ready to head home from work and one of the girls spilt her mop bucket of water out all over the floor. She didn't tell anyone and a half hour later we found out that the mop water had gone under my boss' door and got into all our stereo system's cords. I tested it cautiously to see if it would shock me and it didn't but the girl who was mopping it up hit my arm and I was shocked from my hand up into my neck. It was a strange feeling.

Tuesday rolled around and with it a storm in the evening. During the storm our electricity went out and was out for 5 hours. My neighbors Mark and Nikki came over and we played Phase 10 until pretty late and we decided to finish the game on Wednesday.

One of my roommates wanted to check her phone messages on Wednesday night. While we were up top the weather was getting so bad. I was watching it and all the sudden you could literally see the clouds rolling towards us. I asked Julianna if she was done and she said wait a minute. The clouds rapidly started coming towards us and I told Julianna sorry but we were getting back in the canyon. I peeled out and rushed down into camp. Not even 5 minutes later I got a call from my neighbor Mark saying to take cover and head to the Westley. I told him I wasn't leaving my pups so I would go to the storm shelter that is just below the trailers with them. He said that was fine and that they would just stay with us and they would meet us down there. I am glad that they did because they had a radio and we could keep up with what was happening in camp. Nothing hit us but the weather was horrible and we had to take cover for an hour. During that time we finished our Phase 10 game. It started in the dark and we finished it in the dark. :)

I hope all is going well for all of you. Take care!

1 comment:

  1. How did you feel after being shock? Sound like you had some bad weather. Did any trees fall down that night from the wind?
    Well I took the kids by where I lived when I was a little girl.I did not think they were paying attention but they were. They tolded their Mother ever detale of the outing. The last stop of our outing was the grave site. Which was very interesting to them. Nobody ever talks about my parents to them. That they have another grant grant grandparents name Bud and Lorraine Cartwright. Luke and Rachel asked alot of questions. They had their pictures made with me at the grave site.
    Love,
    Mother and Dad

    ReplyDelete