Friday, March 2, 2012

Things I Have Learned: Intro. to the New Testament, Week 8

Wow I can't believe that this is the last summary I will be posting for Intro to the New Testament. It feels good to have this class complete. I am feeling good and so excited for the rest of my classes.

Here is my week 8 summary:

I really enjoyed this week of study and more particularly I enjoyed our assignment. I was reminded of the emphasis that John puts into his letters concerning love and what that means. As I leave this week the Lord convicted me to be willing to lay down my life for those around me and that perfect love casts out fear. I had been struggling with making a decision to help my Mom get off of kidney dialysis by donating a kidney to her. This week the Lord showed me that if this is His will then He will provide if the day comes that I may need a kidney myself. Though I don’t know if I will qualify or not the lesson I am taking away from this is to be willing to lay it all down and trust Him with the outcome. I hope that this works out for my Mom’s sake though and I believe that this will be a wonderful lesson to take hold of as summer is approaching and our camp starts to pick up. There are a lot of kids out there that need to experience the love of Christ.

I can’t believe that these 8 weeks are coming to a close. Thank you all for the encouragement I have received from yall. You have been a huge blessing in my life. I hope to see everyone again sometime down the road as I continue my studies and may the Lord bless each of you as you continue in your studies. :)

I am really excited for my next class which is Intro to the Old Testament. I will be starting it on March 12th.

After figuring things out I found that if I go light for the rest of my classes doing 1 per session I will finish in about 4 1/2 years (5 classes a year) and if I want to push things then I will finish in 3 1/2 years (7 classes a year). For now I am planning the lighter route but I may change my mind. I am really excited about this journey though. I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and may the Lord bless you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment