Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Break 2012

I can honestly say that I never would have imagined spring break relating to me ever again after graduating from Pasco High School but this year it did.

This year I loaded up my car with my stuff and my pups and we headed to Snyder for a few days. It was a lot of fun seeing family and friends while I was there. I think I slept the first full day I was there. The weather turned cold, windy, and rainy (I guess I had brought it with me) and I ended up staying out at Grandma's most of the day. With the time being an hour ahead of New Mexico my alarm is set every night so that I don't accidentally sleep till 10 or 11 am. So I got up, cleaned up, ate breakfast, and then had a nap. I woke up had lunch and had a nap. Then my Dad called and gave me the plan for when they would be done with dialysis, and then took another nap. Then my Dad called and said they would be ready by the time I got there and that Mom wanted to eat when she was finished at Colorado City (sometimes she is pretty weak after her treatments) so I officially got up and went to meet them at the clinic and went to have supper with them. When I got home my Grandma and I watched a bit of television and then at about 10pm guess what I went to bed! I couldn't not believe how tired I was when I didn't have to do a reading assignment, discussion question, or an assignment. It felt great to sleep and sleep some more though I felt like I lost my entire day and I had.

You should check out my sister's blog. If you look on my blog list click on "The Stansell Family" she posted about my time at her house and posted some pictures. I didn't get any pictures this go around. My Grandma made the day trip with me to Midland and we had a lot of fun. I went to see my nephew Luke play soccer but his game was canceled because of the weather. Instead we just visited and made St. Patrick's Day cupcakes! After they had cooled off we decorated them and each had one. It was a lot of fun.

This was a great spring break for me and it was a nice break from classes. I did start my reading assignment during spring break to get ahead a bit though. Classes have started back up and are going great. I am really looking forward to another great session. I am already working on what class I will be taking in the summer. I am hoping this will work out good because summers are very busy for us and I am hoping to take at least one class every summer to help the progress of classes. As of right now once this class is over I will be finishing up in 4 years if I remain on this pace of only one class per session (2 classes in the fall semester, 2 classes in the spring semester, and 1 class in the summer). This would be a great time frame for me and a realistic goal for completion. I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment