Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wreckless

Today I had to take Wreckless in to see the vet in Cloudcroft because he has been limping now for 3 weeks. At first I didn't take him because I wanted to watch him and see if he would get better on his own and also because my car was still broken. He was still getting around alright but the limp just kept getting worse and worse. Daisy was coming due for her yearly shots so I took both pups hoping that Daisy would settle down faster and socialize a bit with the vet. Unlike Wreckless who meets no stranger Daisy on the other hand is not a social bug at all. :)

Today I found out that Wreckless has tendinitis in his front right leg. The vet told me to not let him run and jump on it as much as possible for the next few weeks. I kind of snickered and told her that was all he knew how to do. :) I asked her if it would be enough to leave him in his kennel verses outside while I was working. I told her he generally was outside when I wasn't home and she said it would be best to leave him inside in his kennel. So I guess my pups will have to be caged up instead of enjoying the beautiful weather and yard. :( She also gave me some medicine that I am to give him 2 times a day. Poor Wreckless he always seems to have something go wrong.

The vet said that both were very healthy outside of Wreckless' leg and his back paw that started randomly bleeding and she looked at it and he also has a split nail that is all the way down to the wick. He is having a rough time.

I really liked this vet. They had a door that she closed off and she just sat down on the floor and I was able to let the leashes go and let the pups wander and smell and she just loved on my pups. Wreckless started licking her on the face and I told her that I would make him stop but she told me not to that it was a good thing for pups to smell, lick and socialize and sure enough Wreckless fell in love with her. I could really see her love for dogs. Daisy never really warmed up to her totally but by the time she left she was getting close enough to let the vet pet her. The vet said that Daisy will get better as time goes by and I really think it will. She did better then I expected.

I am thankful I found a vet in Cloudcroft instead of having to drive all the way to Alamogordo. :) God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment