Saturday, April 7, 2012

Introduction to the Old Testament - Week 4

It is a good feeling to have completed this week! This class has seemed a bit harder then my last class and has challenged me more then I thought it would. Thankfully my grades haven't suffered in the challenges yet but I just keep praying for wisdom. I have learned that I need to spend more time in the OT and not just reading it but actually studying it in deeper ways. :) I am enjoying the class even with the challenges though but it sure will feel great to have this one completed.

Week 4 Summary:

As I worked on our assignment this week I saw through all the kings in both Israel and in Judah that there is a decision to make. We can choose to walk in the ways of the Lord or to live in disobedience. The Lord will reward those who walk in the ways of God and there are consequences to not walking in His ways. We saw that both Israel and Judah were taken captive due to disobedience and the same is possible for us today spiritually speaking. If we chose to disobey there are consequences that can lead to captivity but if we walk right in the sight of the Lord then He will be with us and prosper us. As I continue to walk in service to the Lord my prayer is that I would commit to follow the commands of God and to live a life that honors the Lord. I desire to do what is right in His eyes and in His eyes alone.

God has been teaching me so much through this experience and I am really looking forward to my summer class which is an experienced base class. It will be quite different from what I am doing online because my classroom will be camp. The class I am taking is Developing Dynamic Teams and it is going to be my first grad class. I am excited but nervous too. :)

5 comments:

  1. That article is so interesting and makes a very nice image in my mind. Thank you for sharing this info with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog, I've added you to favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article and good photos.............a great blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale

    ReplyDelete