Sunday, April 1, 2012

Introduction to the Old Testament - Week 3

It is hard to believe that Week 3 is already complete in my online class. After this next week we will be halfway done. Wow! Time goes by too fast sometimes. It is getting time for me to begin the research on my paper that is due at the end of the class (it is sorta like our final since it counts as a third of our grade and a summary of what we have learned in class).

This class seems to be harder then my last class (Introduction to the New Testament). I think that there is just a lot of information being covered in one week compared to my last class. God has been good though and has helped me to understand the information. My class has already started out really well and actually better then my last class as far as grades go even with it seeming harder.

Week 3 Summary:

There has been so much about this week that has been such a learning experience for me. In our discussion time it was wonderful looking deeper into the need of having Christian mentors and being willing to mentor the next generation. The assignment questions were very thought provoking and I appreciated looking at the life of Samuel, the prayer of his mother, and the willingness to give her son to the Lord after being barren. It was also interesting looking at how Saul and David were chosen as kings over Israel and why they were chosen. As I finish up this week my desire is to be a woman after God’s heart, to look at the heart of man verses the physical appearance, and to make it a point to pass down to the next generation the things of God so that they won’t forget who He is and the mighty works He has done to reveal Himself to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment