Saturday, February 4, 2012

Things I Have Learned: Intro. to the New Testament, Week 4

Wow I am halfway through my first class! This week we have spent time in Galatians and James. Our discussion time was spent looking at Faith and Work concerning salvation. Our teacher played "devil's advocate" to challenge us to think beyond our "church learning" answers. :) He wanted us to dig deeper into God's word so that we could give a defense of our beliefs concerning faith, works, and salvation. This was a very enlightening week for me.

Week 4: Summary
This week was met with some wrestling with God concerning faith and works. This subject is so important because of the value it brings concerning eternity. I learned that faith brings salvation and that works is the product of perfect faith. Just as Abraham lived by faith so are we to live by faith. There are many examples of godly men and women in Hebrews 11 that set beautiful examples for us to follow. As I finish up the journey I am on in this lifetime I pray that I will live in faith being a doer of the word and not just a hearer of the word (James 1:22-25).

As I head into Week 5 please keep me in your prayers. I am heading out of town Monday morning at 530am with camp to a CCCA Sectional Conference in Colorado and will getting back on Thursday around 8pm. This is the time frame that we work on our discussion time with class so pray that the internet there will work beautifully. :) Pray that during both 12 hour drives that I will be able to remain focused and not get too distracted by conversations around me. We are going to have a full van so with all the ladies that will be in there I am sure we will have some fun discussions. :) I also need to begin work on my Critical Thinking Paper that is due at the end of Week 7. It is a 5 page paper and I have some reading and research to do to get ready to write the paper and then checking for grammer/spelling problems etc... This is going to be a big part of our grade too.

Thank you all for the love and support I have received from you and for your prayers. This first class is going smoothly so far and I am loving it! I hope all of you have a great week. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment