Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 CCCA Rocky Mountain Sectional

Last week I went to Colorado to Crooked Creek Ranch just outside of Fraser, CO for a Christian Camping Conference Association (CCCA) Sectional. The drive was a 13 hour drive! We arrived a day early and some of us decided to go shopping between breakfast and lunch in Winter Park. My friend Heather and I found a moose statue close to where we were shopping and I got a picture. I almost jumped on it's back but decided that wouldn't be a good idea. :)


Our sectional was at Crooked Creek Ranch and the camp was absolutely beautiful! There was a lot of detail in the structures, decorations, and service. It was more of a retreat center then a camp. :) Camps from all over the Rocky Mountain area come to the conference. It is a great opportunity to meet people who work in camping also. We attend different seminars, go to a vendor show, have worship, meal times, sleep time, free time, movie time, tours, and an auction (to help raise money towards scholarships for people who may not be able to afford it to come to the conference).

This year was a bit more challenging for me compared to last year with working on class work. There were a few times that I decided to work on school rather than participate in the fun things (movie time, free time, etc...).



This is where I spent my class time since this was a hot spot for Internet



Where I ate



Where I slept



View from the window where I slept

We left for Colorado on Monday morning early so I took Wreckless and Daisy to the vet on Sunday (where I boarded them). The guy meeting me wanted to meet me early that day so I had a quiet Sunday without them. Thursday we drove home from Colorado and after talking with the vet's office I decided to pick them up Thursday night after we got back. My camp director was nice and said that he didn't mind stopping on the way home at the vet to pick them up. Nikki (she works for the vet) told me that they were really missing me and Wreckless and Daisy both quit eating and drinking. This is normal for Daisy but it was really odd that Wreckless wasn't eating and drinking. Nikki was kind to come in after hours so I could pick up the pups but she didn't have a car so Bill was kind to drive to her house to get her and take her back home. :) We had a very sweet reunion. Wreckless decided once he saw me that it was time to start drinking and he found some really yummy water in the restroom (for those of you who may not know Wreckless gets car sick but he did have his medicine but still we weren't in my car, plus you can only guess what he wanted to do right after he finished with his long drink). :) They were very happy to get home and instantly claimed their spots. Daisy started eating within 24 hours but Wreckless didn't eat dog food until Monday night. All he would eat is dog treats. I was relieved when he finally started eating again. After Nikki and I talked we think that part of Wreckless' problem was that the last time he stayed with them overnight was when we had our fire back in the summer. As he stays more and more with them he should settle down and act normal (whatever that is for Wreckless). Wreckless did escape one time from his kennel they said but thankfully the blinds were still there. They found him a more secure kennel after that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment