Saturday, January 28, 2012

Things I Have Learned: Intro. to the New Testament, Week 3

This week has been so amazing! We have been looking at Acts 1:4-8 in our discussion time and what the significance of power, prophecy, and evangelism was. I learned a lot from our discussion board that our class participates in and I leave this week intrigued, encouraged, and challenged! I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit and the power that the Spirit provides for us. God is so amazing! :) Here is my weekly summary:

It was interesting to study about power, prophecy, and evangelism. I learned about how the disciples were to wait on the Spirit before going out to witness. I was challenged by the definition of witnesses and desire to follow Christ in boldness not worrying about suffering for His kingdom. I desire to keep before me the coming of the Lord and to live like it will happen at any hour. I was encouraged in that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for each of us and that He has so many disciples out there proclaiming His Word. As I walk out the plans the Lord has for me here in NM I am going to keep all my brothers and sisters in Christ in my prayers from those who I serve with here at camp to those who are in foreign countries. We serve such a big God and all I can do is stand in awe of Him.

I am loving the college life! I never really liked school growing up and now that I have had some time away I have found I love it. I love the fact that I am able to study things that interest me and I have a real desire to do great and make the most of each class. I sit back and wonder what I could have done in High School if I just would have applied myself and had the same desire. I feel so much joy when I study God's Word. I feel alive!

1 comment: