Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I Have Learned: Intro. to the New Testament, Week 1

This first week of online classes has been wonderful! We looked at the intertestamental period which is the 400 years that took place between the Old and the New Testaments. This is a period of time that I never really understood and had minimally looked at. At the end of each week we have to submit a 75+ word summary about what we have learned and I wanted to share these summaries with you (this is an 8 week course). I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!

Week 1 Summary:

A few of the things I’ve learned from the intertestamental period is how important the translation of the Torah to Greek was, not only for the people of Israel but for all because Greek had become the common language among many. It opened up the Scriptures to a vast variety of people instead of just a select few of one nation. It was interesting to see the changes that took place through the changes of empire leadership. It was a hard time in history for the Jews but it was a time used by God to prepare them for things to come which He does in our own personal lives. I was convicted about the influence that the Jewish leaders had such an impact on how the Messiah was received by the people and how their teachings had misguided the way the Jews imagined the King.
As press forward in my walk with the Lord something that the Lord revealed to me is to be aware and precede forward studying His Word so I will know the signs of the times. To trust the Lord with the joys, hardships, strongholds, etc… that comes my way that it is a stepping stone for what is next to come. While I serve in camp ministry to encourage the campers/guests that cross my path who share their stories with me, that the Lord may be preparing them for the next step in life which could be the return of the Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment