Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things I Have Learned: Intro. to the New Testament, Week 2

Wow this was a week full of information. Our discussion time was interesting as we looked at the kingdom of God/heaven. We were challenged to define it according to the book of Matthew. I learned so much through the discussions that my classmates and I had though it was a challenge to define it.

The assignment for this week was a very loaded assignment that took more time then I had anticipated but it worked out just fine and I was challenged by the things I learned in the assignment.

I wanted to continue to share the summaries with you that we are asked to do at the end of the week. Here is Week 2 Summary:

As I reflect over what I have learned this week I am overwhelmed by what the Lord has shown me. I learned so much by discussing the kingdom of God/heaven with the class. Though defining it isn’t an easy thing to do the Lord showed me that the kingdom is for those willing to humble themselves as children (Matt. 18:4). I have much to learn and I trust the Lord to reveal the mysteries in His Word as He sees fit.
In our assignment I was challenged by the 5th question concerning responsibility for others. I always desire to serve the Lord but I want to continually grow in ministering to those in need. Working in camp ministry there are so many walks of life that come my way and I desire to love like Christ and follow His example.

I pray that everyone has had a wonderful week. I found myself this week more tired then last week but I am really enjoying class. Please pray for me that I would have the wisdom and discernment needed as I continue with this class. I really need to get started soon on my critical thinking paper which is a big part of our grade and is due at the end of Week 7. The topic is very thought provoking. Well I guess it is now time to get started on my Week 3 reading assignment so I will have it done by Tuesday. Have a wonderful week everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment