Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Joys of Camp Life at Sacramento - Summer 2011

Hello Everyone!

I am working to try and catch up my blog from the last few months. I am very sorry but when summer hits camp life gets busy and a bit crazy at times and free time is limited. At times I wake up and spend my day at camp and then come home take my shower and go to bed right away. I love camp life and when it gets tiring it is always a good kind of tired. So I want to share with you a bit about my perspective of camp life. :)

This is my first Summer at Sacramento Camp and Conference Center. I loved my first summer here and learned a lot too which is always a blessing! My days are filled with variety which is wonderful. Some of the things I am privileged to do is cleaning rooms, laundry, dishes, programming, snack and gift, collecting trash, etc... There is always something to do and you can never wonder what to do next. Fridays and Sundays are huge turn around days in the summer (which means we are cleaning the rooms that were previously used before the groups come in to use them that day). About mid summer we experienced a close call with the Little Lewis Fire which you can read about in the previous post. We had to evacuate camp for a few days and while we were waiting to find out if we would be able to reopen in time for the weekend groups the Lord opened the clouds and blessed us with a huge rain fall and the evacuation was lifted. We then provided for the firefighters who were fighting multiple fires in our area as well as cleaning up from the fires too. Our camp was hopping during meal times. Our kitchen staff had meals at 6am, 8am, 12pm, 530pm, and 7pm plus preparing sack lunches for the firefighters for the next day. In late July and August we had more rain than I had ever seen! It was wonderful! This is only a glimpse into camp life just know that but I hope that yall will enjoy learning a bit more about what I do here in the Sacramento Mountains. I love camp ministry and feel so blessed that the Lord chose me for this ministry and not just in any camp but in the ministry at Sacramento!

Here are a few pictures from this summer that I wanted to share with you. Enjoy! :)



Savannah (Program Intern) on the Zip Line at the Challenge Course


Me on the Zip Line at the Challenge Course



Kevan (Operations Summer Help) all dressed up and ready to do dishes



Mount Forrest (we cleaned all the linens at the end

of the summer in Forrest Lodge which is a hotel style lodge we have

and it literally felt like a mountain of laundry)



No comments:

Post a Comment