Sunday, June 27, 2010

"I Am Boring"

Today at work it was so funny my precious new found friend Beata who is from Poland said something so cute. We were standing there and I looked at her and said, "Isn't it nice having a small group so we can breathe?" Beata then looked at me and said, "Yes, but I am boring." Anett who is from Hungary was standing close by and she looked at me puzzled and I just couldn't hold it in. I started laughing and looked at Beata and said, "Oh Beata, you are anything but boring!" Anett and I just laughed then I told Beata that the correct wording would be "I am bored." She started laughing too and now it is a joke for us when we see each other. It has been fun to help them learn our language and how to make sentences that are correct and things. They are always wanting to learn and ask questions all the time. They are all wonderful! The 2 phrases going around with different international workers is "Howdy Partner" and "Hello Sweetheart" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment