Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving/Christmas Vacation 2011

I just got home from my vacation in Texas and it was so much fun! While I was there we celebrated Thanksgiving with my cousins so here are a few pictures of them with my nieces and nephew. It is always so much fun to see them together they always have a good time just being kids. :)



Luke, Jacob, and Kate



Kate and Rachel



Julia and Kate


While I was there I enjoyed a couple of days with my sister Alanna and her family. One of the days I went down I spent some time with my oldest niece Rachel who is 10 years. She is growing up so fast and I wanted to do something fun with her for Christmas so I spent the afternoon with her and watched her Volleyball practice, we went to lunch, and then we went shopping for a Christmas Tree for her bedroom. She did a great job picking out the tree and decorations! It turned out beautiful!


I went back a second day to spend some time with my sister. Time went by so fast and before we knew it time us up and we hadn't spent time with each other. So my Mom and I drove down to spend the day with her and then the evening with the rest of the family. We had a wonderful visit and got some pictures but most of them were with her camera. It is easier then trying to do all cameras especially with kids. LOL! I may post some later when I get some copies.



Alanna and Me



Me with my youngest nephew Wade who has the same color hair as me


While I was in Texas we got a wonderful snow! It was so beautiful to see at my Grandma's place before any tracks were made in it. I loved it! Early Christmas present to me!



I decided it was time to get my dead ends cut off my hair but then I decided that it was time to go ahead and just donate my hair again to Locks of Love so I went ahead and cut off my hair. I am liking the change though it is taking some time to get use to. :)



My parents, aunts, Grandma, and I had a small Christmas before I headed home. I opened their gifts and my parents (I saved the gifts my sister's family gave me for Christmas day). My parents opened one of mine that I wanted to see them open and here it is. I had found some older pictures while going through my things that I thought they might want to have. So I framed them and gave them back to them. The first is my Mom in her younger years, the second is my Dad and Mom when my mom was pregnant with my sister 37+ years ago, and the third is a picture of my late Grandma Cartwright (my Mom's Mom).



I got home a couple of days ago and am heading back to work tomorrow. After being off for 3 weeks I am thankful to be home and heading back to camp. I sure have missed being here! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and may the Lord bless and keep you always! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment