Thursday, July 22, 2010

What an Encouraging Morning!

Crossroads week has been a rough week for me to say the least. I am so ready for it to end and out of all the weeks of camp it is the hardest and today was the topper. My morning crew encouraged me to much though and made the day so much better.

I don't hardly ever do this but I slept in by accident this morning and was late to work by at least a half an hour. I set 4 alarms every morning to help me accomplish the difficult task of waking up in the mornings. I woke up to 3 of the alarms and then low and behold the 4th one I missed. Usually I have moved around enough that I don't have to worry about it but this morning that wasn't the case. At about 6:15 I heard Wreckless give an "I am bored sigh" and I looked at him and asked him to wait for the alarm. I guess he heard it and knew it was time. :) I jumped out of bed when I realized what had happened, picked up the phone highly confused about why I wasn't called (because all of them where shown where my number was if they needed me) to call them and let them know what happened. When they didn't answer I hurried up and did the bare minimum to get ready and got to work by 6:30 I wasn't sure what I was going to walk into because the breakfast we were suppose to do that morning was the most time consuming one of the week. I looked through the window of the door and walked in and was looking when I entered into the kitchen and they were all doing what I had taught them to do over the summer for that meal. Brittany and Sarah were doing their hostessing stuff, Ty had warmed the sausage and was working on the cold treys, Anna was doing the breakfast bar, Anett was doing the eggs, and Beata was doing the hash browns! I wanted to cry because it was so neat that they had come so far is such a short period of time. My goal for them had been exceeded. My goal had always been that they could come in and not have to ask me what they were suppose to do but be able to know and by the 2nd week they were already doing that. That morning could have started out way behind with challenges from the start but they totally did what they had been taught and didn't have to be told to do it or have me there to make sure it was being done. I asked them why they didn't call me when I wasn't here when they showed up and Ty simply responded, "Well, you have never been here after us and we just figured you had a good reason to be late so we got together and put our hands in and had a 'go team' moment and got to work." It really was an encouraging time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment