Saturday, June 20, 2009

Catching Up

Hello Everyone,

Well Camp season has started and boy has it hit hard! Please pray for us! Everyone is exhausted and working some very long hours. I am going to post pictures soon about a couple of things that have happened this month. The first thing is at the first of the month on the 6th I went to Dallas to see George Strait and Reba McEntire in concert at the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. It was wonderful. Since I was a little kid I have loved these two singers. This was my Birthday present from my wonderful parents this year and it was so worth the wait! While in Dallas I also got to go Six Flags with my Sister and her family as well as my Mom. I am hoping to go back and go again sometime it was a lot of fun.

The next couple of thing that have happened are the different camps that we have had. The first week was Camp New Dawn, MDA, and Camp Villa (children who are visually impaired). I have a lot of pictures that a friend of mine took with my camera at the New Dawn Dance. The next camp was One Way 8th and 9th. We faced a few challenges but we were able to survive the week. This weekend we have Sky Camp (children who are grieving the loss of a parent/grandparent) and Camp Amistad (children who are burn victims). Coming up next week is One Way 10th, 11th, and 12th and the Diabetic Camp (children with diabetes). This next week is our heaviest week of the summer. These are the 2 biggest camps for the Ceta Canyon and Ceta Glen sides of the summer and they run the same week.

On Thursday I am heading to our family reunion for the weekend and I am excited for the break. It is like a mini vacation in the middle of summer and it is so nice!

Something else that happened was I was summoned for Jury Duty but after a message from me and a call from my camp director they are being very nice and letting me wait till after summer to report. After hearing where I worked and my responsibilities the lady was very nice and didn't want to come and cook in the kitchen for groups of 500 so she let me wait till September 20th at the earliest. This was a very poor time of the year for me and I was flipping out.

My Mom has also had her 65th Birthday on the 17th! Happy Birthday Mom (I have finally gotten your card in the mail sorry it is late)!

Well that is a summery of what has been happening here at camp and with life. I will post some pictures of the Concert and of the New Dawn Dance soon. May the Lord bless yall. Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment